Band Notes 6–11–2017
Greetings Folks — a few updates:
Please remember to submit your final exam. Students who do not submit an exam will fail the exam, which is 20% of the Semester 2 Grade. At the time of this writing (4p on Monday) these are the exams that I have received:
Palumberi Christopher, ormsbee zachary, Barnes Dwight, Pugh Mason, Naval Vladimir, Cronin Alex, Duff Molly, Dermastja Angelina, Alindato Keane, Larsen Nathaniel, Mainato David, Christopher Gulish, RizzoKaia-Lynn, Stewart Charles, Almeida Grace, Jankowski Hubert
I will send out another update tomorrow.
All High School Concert Band, Wind Ensemble & Select Percussionists will participate in Graduation on June 14. This is a mandatory performance and your attendance is factored in to the Final Exam Grade for your ensemble class. Report time is 4:30p on the stadium field.
- please arrive no later than 4:10p
- you may need to drop off at the Fire House, as the parking lot will be packed.
- please plan on picking up your child between 7p-7:30p
- The Band Room will be open, but please add time to your schedule, should you need to stop there first
- please remember “Wind Clips” & Sunglasses
- dress code is the SAME as any concert. Black & White, ties for the men, dress shoes for all.
- remember — you will be ON THE FIELD with the Graduates. You MUST act in a respectful and disciplined manner the entire time you are there!
First Rehearsals for Fall 2017
2 Rehearsals for the Fall of 2017. Tuesday & Wednesday, June 20 & 21, 10a-12p in the Band Room at Bunnell.
ALL BRASS, WOODWIND & PERCUSSION should attend, INCLUDING all NEW members going into 8th or 9th grade NEXT FALL. All VETERAN members must attend as well.
- Please bring any/all Ad Book sales
- Please bring your instrument
- We will be taking a count to determine how many drill spots to write
- Students who are “Out of Town” with their families are excused, but should communicate that with me ASAP email@example.com
- We will go over all of the new music, so that students will have an understanding of what they need to do over the summer to prepare for our 2017 run for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
We will be performing at the Barnum Parade on June 25, 2017.
- We will discus the music at the rehearsal on June 21
- New members are invited, provided we have a shirt that will fit you! You can try on shirts on June 21.
- All Seniors will be invited to perform.
- The bus will depart BHS at 10a.
- The Parade begins at noon
- Please pick up your child at 1:30p at BHS
Fall Marching Band 2017 Music
Fantasia Impressions — Bunnell Fall 2017 Marching Band Sheet Music!!!
All FIRST year members should choose a 2nd or 3rd part.
Save ink & Paper — print only what you need!
These MAY get revised before the summer -
Audio Files coming soon!
The Fall Schedule is somewhat complete. Please click this link to view the schedule:
- June 14 — Graduation (all Concert Band & Wind Ensemble Students Perform)
- June 25 — Barnum Parade Times TBA
- Band Camp — Aug 21–25
This is the largest & easiest and MOST lucrative fund raiser of the year.
PLEASE don’t wait! Start TODAY!
Businesses in the town EXPECT the Band Students to solicit ads. AND — you can sell ads to businesses outside of Stratford, as well as taking out an Ad for your family to wish “Good Luck” to a member. (Many people see the ad book as a type of “yearbook”, and as such want to purchase an ad for the sentimental keepsake value).
Every student MUST raise funds for the Band/Guard — so why not buy an ad? All ads are Tax-Deductible (as the Band Parents are a 501(c)3 not for profit). Never pay out of pocket — buy an ad and get the tax deduction!
Keep in mind:
* Many students will be going out TODAY to try and scoop up ads from Prime locations, such as Paradise Green & Barnum Ave.
* Some ads are limited (Back cover, inside cover etc…) and will sell very fast — we will send out notifications when they are sold).
Here is the form that you will need — https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B093prcObtSVcVlHQTFDRDNXREU
See a Sample Ad Here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Sample_Ad_Page.pdf
You can also purchase an ad online here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Purchase_an_Ad.html
Learn more about the ad-book here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Ad_Book_Info.html
• Please sell as many ads as possible, as 100% of the ads will go to the students’ accounts.
• Your family members may also take ads as well.
• Ads can be from out of State.
• Ads are Tax Deductible
All ads must be turned in by Sept. 15, 2017.
PLEASE — send ALL Ads to Bunnell HS (Address on ad form) AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM!
You MUST get your accounts current — NOW please!
Make a payment here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Make_a_Payment.html
Reminder — do these today as well!
Facebook Page for all PARENTS & STUDENTS & ALUMNI1
https://www.facebook.com/groups/889464014469920/ — please join (send request to join) and subscribe
Twitter — (follow)
Remind — (Text messages to your device)
•To receive messages via text, text @bunnellb to 81010
•Trouble using 81010? Try texting @bunnellb to (203) 909–6032 instead.
https://medium.com/@bunnellband — then click follow.