Band Notes 6–10–2019
Greetings — here’s the news…
Welcome to our new members!
If you registered for Band or Color Guard recently you will start to receive these emails/newsletters. Much of this information doesn’t apply to you YET, but it will soon. You will also receive a welcome email shortly as well!
Thank you for registering — we have OVER 50 new members so far!!!
Thank you Seniors!
Thank you for the terrific gift at the Awards night last week! I shall cherish this fantastic and thoughtful gift forever!
Graduation — June 11 (Rain Date — June 12)
Students should take their instruments home AFTER the Band Awards
As of now we are ON for Tuesday night!
The Dress Code is “Concert Attire” plus sunglasses
Please bring “Wind Clips” (Clothespins)
- Students Arrive BHS Between 4:30–5p
- You MUST be in your seat at the stadium no later than 5p
- Band Room will be open from 4:30–4:45p
- Due to heavy traffic & parking lot issues — Parents are asked to drop off (and pick up) their child off at the Back of the Stadium, on Johnson Ave., Unless you need to stop at the Band Room.
- Dismissal after the Recessional, usually between 7:30 & 8p
All Final Exam info is on the Schoology Page. Periods 1, 2, 5 & 7 have specific requirements.
Students are NOT required to report to the Band Room at your specific Exam Time Slot, however your parent MUST call you out “Parent Initiated Absence”. Please note if you have another exam on the day of your Music Exam — and you need the bus — you will report to the Cafe, rather than the Band Room during your Music time slot.
All final exam videos must be submitted here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/BLOG_Submission_Form.html
And… all ESSAY portions of your exam can be completed on your Schoology Page.
Cavalcade of Bands Program Ad Book
Coming in a separate mailing TODAY!
The BIGGEST fund raiser of the year!
Summer & Fall Schedule Online!
Keep in mind that Nationals Dates will be TBA asap… I’m blocking off BOTH weekends, depending on what Group/Class we will be competing in.
Student run sectionals will be added as those times become available
Color Guard Resumes — June 13
6p-8p on the side field — NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!
We now have 32 on the Roster!!!
2 Summer Practices
We will have two practices to start Fall 2019 — June 17 & 18, 9a-12p at the BHS Band Room.
This is for all NEW members and all returning members as well!
ALL (Band & Guard) members must attend these practices to insure a spot. (or you must advise us as to why you would be missing)
We will go over all of the music in the Fall Show (about 7 minutes) so that everyone has a good understanding of the how the music should be prepared.
Marching Band 2019 Fall
We are closing in on 140 members!!!
Please — Register NOW (there are still 8 members who participated last year that have yet to register for the Fall of 2019):
It’s that time of year again. All accounts MUST be settled NOW, please!
THIS IS FOR RETURNING and CURRENT Members ONLY!!!
- Seniors must be paid in full to attend Graduation.
- There will be NO MORE payment plans! Please, don’t ask for one!
- Any student with a Balance on their account after June 1, 2019 will not be permitted to participate in ANY school activities, including the 2019 Fall Marching Band, until their balance is at ZERO. Again, no payment plans.
- Any student wishing to be an officer MUST have their balance at ZERO prior to Drum Major Auditions or Band Elections
- Make a payment here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Make_a_Payment.html
- Donate here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Donate%21.htmlMaybe you have a family member that can help out PLUS get a tax deduction!
Even if you decide to quit the band — you will still owe this obligation to the school…
- June 11 (12 = Rain Date) — Graduation — Wind Ensemble, Concert Band & some drummers (Concert Dress) — report 5p at the Stadium.
- Two practices to start Fall 2019 — June 17 & 18, 9a-12p at the BHS Band Room