Greetings! Here’s the news…
LOTS of info — please read to the end!!!
Please Watch The Video Newsletter First
Band Trip — URGENT!
We are proceeding as planned, for now.
We sent a deposit for 125 Plane Seats on JetBlue (They are GREAT seats and almost $200 less than all other Airlines).
Points of Interest:
- we have 171 people signed up on the BHS Sign Up Page
- we have 113 ONLY signed up with SHTours and have Paid the $50 deposit
- 130 people responded to my survey, and very few said that they were dropping (9 so far) — here’s the survey if you didn’t respond yet https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPdNlbPIXuTn6vx_ma9qaaxwGzplp534iYxtjUkiTG3IesiA/viewform
(every traveler MUST submit a form).
- The following is the list of travelers who HAVE started an account with SHTours, but did not complete it:
Aditya Gowd, Alexander Ugarte, Bailey Angeski, Chloe Palomo, Kris Sinise, Ryan Stansberry
- The following travelers HAVE completed their account with SHTours and have a deposit in:
- If you DO NOT see your name below, please visit the following link to register immediately!!!
We can ADD plane seats, as long as they are available — so please don’t wait!
Band Trip Insurance
Based on the current climate — I would highly suggest that all travelers purchase “Cancel for Any Reason” travel Insurance. Here is one policy that’s available: https://www.travelinsured.com/group.signup?group=119487&guid=f63427335318412c8bcc82a18a0b02c9
Please click this link to add your name as a nominee for office.
Please submit ONE form for EACH Office you wish to be considered (you will only be able to hold ONE office). Drum Major Candidates may be considered for an office, however if they are chosen as a Drum Major, they will be ineligible for one of these offices.
Voting will occur NEXT WEEK, via Google Forms.
Here are the offices:
* Band President — works with the conductors in bringing the students point of view to the Director. Enforces attendance policy. Fund raising leader.
* Vice President — aids the president. Promotes concerts and events. Assists with awards.
* Secretary — all communications and bookkeeping.
* Librarian — attends to the music. Distributes numbered folders. Keeps records.
* Historian — keeps a scrapbook, photos, news articles, etc….
Drum Major Auditions
Please fill out and submit this form if you wish to audition for Drum Major.
Auditions will be Tuesday April 28 at 3pm on Zoom
You will receive an invitation to connect to a Zoom Meeting on your email. (please be sure the email you use is correct & valid — stratk12 emails are capricious at best… gmail emails work the best).
Current Freshman, Sophomores & Juniors are eligible
Sadly, Mr. Miner & Mr. Kowalsky will not be returning for next Fall. I am very happy to announce that we have hired Mr. Phil Dolan (BHS Band Class of ’94) to replace Mr. Kowalsky & and Mr. Tim Paproski (BHS Marching Band & UConn Alumni) to replace Mr. Miner.
Here is Mr. Dolan’s bio:
Philip Dolan (Bio)
Mr. Dolan holds a Master of Science degree from Full Sail University (2014), a Master of Arts degree from Fairfield University (2005) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education from Western Connecticut State University (2001). Mr. Dolan also completed four years of course work at Morehead State University in Morehead, KY. Mr. Dolan is also a graduate of Bunnell High School (1994) and performed as a percussionist in all 4 years of the Bunnell Marching Band.
Mr. Dolan has been a writer and instructor for area marching bands over the last 20 years, working with Masuk High School, Bunnell High School and Westhill High School. Currently Mr. Dolan is the Band Director at Amity High School in Woodbridge, CT where his pit orchestras for musicals have won state championship awards in 2010 (Les Miserable) and 2013 (Sweeney Todd). Mr. Dolan conducts the award winning Concert Band, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble and has been employed at Amity since 2002.
Mr. Dolan has also performed as a professional with Broadway Method Academy at the Westport Country Playhouse for the shows “Grease”, “Little Shop of Horrors”, “Evita” and most recently “Annie” as well as a performance in the renowned 54 Below in NYC.
Mr. Dolan lives in Stratford with his wife Natalie, their two children, Kendall and Luke and their dog Toby.
I will send Mr. Paproski’s Bio ASAP